Thank you for applying to NYC Generation Tech (GenTech)!
Deadline: Friday, June 7, 2013, 5PM EDT
- Before Applying: All prospective applicants must download the 2013 GenTech Application Information Packet. Please read through this document carefully and prepare the following materials in advance. Note that most of these materials can be submitted online.
- Application Form
- High School Transcript (unofficial records are accepted)
- Four (4) essays
- Attendance Record for the 2012-2013 school year
- Recommendation from a teacher or coach - Click here to download the 2013 Recommendation Form
- Proof of free or reduced-price lunch qualification, i.e. a note from a school administrator (ONLY if your high school has a free or reduced-price lunch rate below 50%)
- To Apply: Completed applications can be submitted online, by email, or by mail and must be received by the deadline. It is highly preferred that applicants complete the application form online and upload completed applications materials (see application form below). Recommendations must be emailed to NYCGenerationTech@nfte.com. If you choose to email or mail your application materials, please refer to the Application Information Packet downloadable above for instructions.
- Review & Selection Process: Applicants will be chosen by the strength of their academic history and past leadership experiences, their demonstrated interest in GenTech’s topics, and their ability to collaboratively solve problems in a team setting. There is a limited amount of space for this program, so please take your time to put together a well thought-out application. Upon receiving your application materials, your application will be carefully reviewed. Applicants will then be assigned to one of three categories: immediate acceptance, immediate rejection, or waitlisted. Students who are waitlisted may be asked to interview with the Recruitment Team during the week of June 10th. All students will be notified of their final application status by June 14th.
- Questions? Students who are interested in the program or who have any questions regarding the application, should contact the GenTech Recruitment Team at NYCGenerationTech@nfte.com or call 212-232-3333, ext. 381. We want to hear from you!
We look forward to receiving your application!
(Note: This form does not have a “save” or ‘return’ feature, so you are required to submit all materials at once or your inputs will be lost. We encourage you to prepare your materials in advance before completing the form below)