Thank you for your interest in applying to GenTech!
Deadline, Priority Application – 5:00PM EST, Friday, April 4, 2014
Deadline, Regular Application – 5:00PM EST, Friday, May 2, 2014
- Before Applying: All prospective applicants should download the GenTech 2014 Application. Please read through this document carefully and prepare the following materials in advance. Please note that all of these materials must be submitted online through the e-form below.
- Personal info
- High school transcript (unofficial records are accepted)
- Attendance record for the 2013-2014 school year (unofficial records are accepted)
- Three essays
- Recommendation from a teacher, coach, program administrator, employer, or other adult (cannot be a relative) – please submit your recommender’s contact info through the recommendation request form below
- Proof of free or reduced-price lunch qualification, i.e. a note from a school administrator (ONLY if your high school has a free or reduced-price lunch rate below 50%)
- Eligibility Requirements: GenTech is committed to serving NYC high school students from undeserved communities. Applicants to GenTech must:
- Plan to attend a NYC high school during the 2014-15 school year (due to the rigor and demands of the program, preference will be given to rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors)
- Demonstrate economic or educational disadvantage by either attending a NYC high school with a free and reduced price lunch (FRPL) rate of 50% or higher or qualify for FRPL while attending a high school with a FRPL rate below 50%
- To Apply: Completed applications must be submitted through the e-forms found below. Please note that for your application to be considered complete you must have submitted all of your materials and your recommender must have submitted all of their materials.
- Review & Selection Process: Upon receiving your application materials, your application will be carefully reviewed. Applicants will then be assigned to one of three categories: accepted, rejected, or waitlisted. Students who are waitlisted may be asked to interview with the Recruitment Team. Applicants will be chosen by the strength of their academic history and past leadership experiences, their demonstrated interest in GenTech’s topics, and their ability to collaboratively solve problems in a team setting. There are a limited number of spots in this program, so please take your time to put together a well thought-out application. Please see below for the application timeline.
- Priority Application Deadline: 5:00PM EST, April 4, 2014. Priority Applicants will be notified of their application status on April 21, 2014.
- Regular Application Deadline: 5:00PM EST, May 2, 2014. Regular Applicants will be notified of their application status on May 12, 2014.
- Financial Support through SYEP: Apply for the Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) to enter a lottery to receive a stipend for your work during GenTech this summer. Apply online at 2014 Summer Youth Employment Program Application.
- Deadline: April 25,2014
- SYEP Provider: At the end of the online application, there will be 2 prompts:
- “Which Borough would you like to submit your SYEP application to?” Select Brooklyn
- “Click on SYEP provider for more information” Select Henry Street Settlement (Brooklyn)
- Questions? Students who are interested in the program or who have any questions regarding the application should contact the GenTech Recruitment Team at NYCGenerationTech@nfte.com or call 212-232-3333 ext. 383.