The application for GenTech 2015 will be available on March 2, 2015. Please check back soon or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Eligibility Requirements: GenTech is committed to serving NYC high school students from undeserved communities. Applicants to GenTech must:
- Plan to attend a NYC high school during the 2015-16 school year (due to the rigor and demands of the program, preference will be given to rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors)
- Demonstrate economic or educational disadvantage by either attending a NYC high school with a free and reduced price lunch (FRPL) rate of 50% or higher or qualify for FRPL while attending a high school with a FRPL rate below 50%
- To Apply: Completed applications must be submitted through the e-forms found below. Please note that for your application to be considered complete you must have submitted all of your materials and your recommender must have submitted all of their materials.
- Review & Selection Process: Upon receiving your application materials, your application will be carefully reviewed. Applicants will then be assigned to one of three categories: accepted, rejected, or waitlisted. Students who are waitlisted may be asked to interview with the Recruitment Team. Applicants will be chosen by the strength of their academic history and past leadership experiences, their demonstrated interest in GenTech’s topics, and their ability to collaboratively solve problems in a team setting. There are a limited number of spots in this program, so please take your time to put together a well thought-out application. Please see below for the notification timeline.
- Priority Deadline: 5:00PM EST, April 3, 2015. Applicants will be notified of their application status by April 20, 2015.
- Extended Deadline: 5:00PM EST, May 1, 2015. Applicants will be notified of their application status by May 11, 2015.
- Questions? Students who are interested in the program or who have any questions regarding the application should contact the GenTech Recruitment Team at NYCGenerationTech@nfte.com or call 212-232-3333 ext. 383.